Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow and Penshaw Monument






















I had the day off today because I can't meet with my advisor until tomorrow, so following in yesterdays footsteps I decided to go exploring. Yesterday I went for a walk to try and get my barrings around the city and after getting lost a few times I think I've figured out the gust of it. Today I was a bit more ambitious, today was all about figuring out the bus system. Sounds easy enough I mean they speak English over here (kind of).

Anyway I got on a bus that was going to take me to Penshaw Monument (most of the pics)

and everything was fine. The only problem came while waiting for the bus to come back to pick me up. I had just missed one and had to wait 25 mins, and on the dot the second one came, and just like that he went. Apparently you have to wave the buses down even though your standing at the bus stop their supposed to stop at. So after waiting an hour and walking a few miles I waved the next one down and all was well again.

Here are some pics of the snow we got on my first morning here, and some pics of Penshaw Monument.

1 comment:

  1. What's the Penshaw monument a monument for? Could you tell a little big more about your pictures? Just got back from Budapest...looking forward to going back to Prague in the end of May to hang out. I hope Micah can come too.

    ReplyDelete